Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What PS2 game next?

Ok, so I'm getting close beating Tales of the Abyss on PS2. I'm only playing 1 PS2 game at a time until I finish it then I'm moving to the next one. Before I was playing them all and getting no where with the limited quality gaming time that I have (late night weekends ususally). I have FF12, Kingdom Hearts, and DQ8. What should I play next? I'm leaning towards FF12 but I thought I would ask y'alls opinion for the fun of it.I love Tales of the AByss by the way. I'm glad I'm doing one game at a time so I actually finish them.What PS2 game next?
Final Fantasy XII is good but so is Dragon Quest 8. I had so much fun playing Dragon Quest :) XII just wasn't as fun to me.What PS2 game next?
Well... that being the case the you should know.... KH takes about 60 hours to finish. FF12 can take 200+ hours, if you try to complete the Hunts and activate all the side mission stuff and DQ8 can run into the 130+ mark, or more.And For reference... I'd estimate, Tales of the Abyss, to be about a 120+ hour game....
I usually don't go for 100%, I'm usually a main story finisher guy because of time contraints.
I +1 to both FF12 and DQ8. it depends on what you wanna play. i liked both of them equally for different reasons, DQ8 has a very unique art style and old school turn based gameplay with lots of grinding. FF12 has the gambit and license system (not a fan of the license board) and is a little more open ended than DQ8. i spent about 50 hours on both games. i recommend on DQ8 not going too far out of your way to get upgraded equipment until the end of the gamein other words, if you can make/get something powered up while on your way then go for it, but don't stop the game to upgrade your equipment because you'll probably be able to buy whatever it is later on in the game. i think there were about 3 or 4 times in DQ where i stopped and grinded levels and gold because i really needed them.
My suggestion is to go for Kingdom Hearts. That game might require alot of hours but they will be hella fun and fly right by. The other 2 are MASSIVE time sinks and would save them for last. After kingdom Hearts I would go with FF12 because you may or may not like it. DQ8 I would put off to last because to me it is beyond boring and lame and not even worth playing but if you did it should be last.
FF12 is great! Just be sure you are not busy, or have other games lined up to play. Because it will be time consuming.
DQVIII and FFXII are fairly long games, so either would be a great choice. I'm not a fan of Kingdom Hearts really.
  • maybelline
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment